Sunday, July 28, 2013

What Is Your Mission?

Tomorrow morning I will wake up to start my year after all these years of teaching since 1994, as a first grade teacher! Like any student going back to school, I too have hopes and dreams.   I am ready for tomorrow. My check list for open house is pretty complete except for a date with the copy machine. 

But above all, I realize that if I have no vision and no mission I will be aimless in my journey. Here is what I believe in every core of my being. 



www.business2community.com 


This is my philosophy of education:

YOU MATTER! You have a genius in you that is unique and special to you! I celebrate that! I will teach in a way that promotes growth through play and learning. 

This is my mission statement: 

I as a professional educator recognize that each child is an one-in-a-million, never-seen-before individual, that all children are creative and that all children can succeed. 

Therefore, I will respect the individual needs of children for whom I have the sacred honor of working with which includes but is not limited to the following: fostering a caring and creative environment as well as emphasizing the social, emotional, physical, intellectual development of each child. 

I believe that each child has a genius and a passion special to them. I also believe that passion with compassion creates world changers. 

I believe that great things can accomplished through cooperation between school, community, parents, and students. 

I believe you matter!


www.goldensealenterprises.com
I want to thank my amazing PLN for all the insight and continuing to point me NORTH in this adventure that I call teaching! We are better together! As  you get ready to start your school year in a few weeks, I wish you peace and joy! 

Pirate on my friends. Pirate on!