Thursday, February 13, 2014

Super Teachers

So, for I love to read month, we have had certain days where we needed to dress up. Today some of us dressed up as SUPER TEACHERS. Now, let me state my case! 

We have amazing X-Ray vision

madtownmacs.blogspot.com 
I can see you and yes, I do have eyes in the back of my head. I know you looked at his test! But I with my amazing XRAY vision, do try to see you..see right through you to your heart to understand who you are and how I need to teach you better.

Have you seen our awesome gizmos we get to use? 
popeighties.com


In the past 20 years, I have rocked the ditto machine, the RISSO machine and all sorts of copiers. Now that I am trying to have a paperless classroom, not so much. With all the tech my eyes have seen and my hands have touched, I am thankful for recent gadgets like ipods, ipads, cell phones for BYOD. I am thankful for all the apps I have had to understand to make teaching "easier." Gadgets and gizmos galore...and I can't wait to see what I will learn about  as time moves forward!


We have the power of elasticity! 

Committees, grad school, PLCs, team meetings, differentiation, SAT, long hours and extended evenings, parent phone calls and conferences, a meeting here, a meeting there..that is what the AVERAGE teacher does. Yes,  teachers do it. We do it because we love our job. We have a drive and a passion for it all. We have grit. We are stretched like Gumby some days. That's the way it is.


We light fires and are the protectors of the eternal flame. 
www.redstar5.com 

You can't start a fire without a spark and we spark interest in so many areas of learning for students and ask them to go above and beyond their imagination. My real job is to be the cultivator of learning. To prepare the soil for seeds of learning  to land and to water the soil. Then my job is to keep that eternal flame lit. Keep watering...let the seed keep growing.  In this world of boundless knowledge and many ways to find it, it is an exciting and daunting task to keep it all going!


The M stands for MOM. I am a SUPER MOM! 
Above all this,  I strive to be a SUPER MOM and a SUPER TEACHER. To do this, I have to recognize my true power and my true power is the LOVE OF LEARNING.  The way I use this super power is by going to edcamps and by learning from my wonderful PLN. I read a lot of books about being a teacher and about parenting. My learning is my drive. I try to learn something new each day.

So, to all the SUPER TEACHERS out there, I salute you! Way to go!!! I stand with you and celebrate your journey in this profession! Its not easy...but it is one of the best jobs out there!