Saturday, October 17, 2015

Book: Fish In A Tree




You know it's a good - GREAT book when you crack the page and cry almost the whole way through. 

My heart sings louder, I can do better!

My heart pounds stronger, be the change!

My heart was not prepared to be broken as it was. I feel so completely broken from reading this because of my striving to meet edu-professional responsibilities. 

I have come to the end of my road. 



I'm a teacher who is madly in love with learning and empowering students to go on a journey of learning...and that has nothing to do with ed policies. This book is why I am a teacher madly in love with helping students know they belong.  

A long, long time ago when I was a wee little girl I learned this song by the Gaithers:

"I am a promise,
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P";
I can be anything, anything God wants me to be..."


lifehacker.com
We are all a promise. Each gift of life that is in our classroom is there, not to just take up space in a desk or a name in a grade book of some kind...they are there because they are our promise. 

My name is Kimberly, each day I teach knowing that my audience is an audience full of promises. They ARE the promise. 

In a world of education where students are being compared, say ENOUGH!


In a world where teachers are being compared, say ENOUGH!

In a world of brokenness, with people seeking accolades to be better than each other, will you join me in saying You Are Enough? Come, just as you are. You are worthy of being in this great big world..full of your gifts, talents and dreams.  It is so crucial for hearts to know and for minds to hear and for actions to speak that the student is ENOUGH!

 It's time to say ENOUGH.






Worth More Thank Gold: Britt Nicole